Important update from the Capax Global team! Click Here to learn more!
The UX designer role is responsible for delivering high quality modern user experiences through collaboration with our team and our customers. Projects may range from short term client assessments through multiyear delivery engagements with large, blended teams.
Who You Are
- Enthusiastic about user experience and designing the best experiences available
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies and best practices
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Open to hearing feedback and making continuous improvement to deliver best in class experiences
- Well versed in design with some degree of development related experience
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Working with Lean UX principles that help agile product teams succeed
- Utilize object-oriented design & atomic design applied through development of state of the art interactive experiences with a focus on collaboration with designers, developers, and QA professionals
- Building design systems that are flexible and adaptable to various design requirements
- Translate designs to consumable formats for developers. ie. CSS, SCSS, LESS, JSS, etc.
- Building experiences across various platforms such as desktop, mobile, & AI
- Building responsive designs
- Adhere to and contribute to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Building reporting experiences via platforms such as PowerBI
- Effectively communicating design intentions with engineers, project managers, and clients
- Managing your own time and reporting on time spent against projects
- Using version controls tools to backup and share your work
- Major UX design tools such as Sketch, Figma, & Adobe Creative Cloud. Preferably Sketch
- Invision for prototyping and collaboration
- Wire framing tools such as Balsamiq, Axure
- SPA frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, etc.
- Design tokens
- Communication tools such as Microsoft Teams, Invision, and Email.
- Version control with Git
Nice To Haves
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture and developer environments such as ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC with C#
- Background in web application development or mobile development
- Experience building PowerBI reports
- Marketing and Brand related skills
- Experience creating video artifacts via tools like Camtasia
- Experience working with continuous integration tools
- Bachelor's degree in design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, technology or related field
- Must have at least 3-5 years of hands-on experience creating engaging, multi-platform user experiences that follow a unified design language