Important update from the Capax Global team! Click Here to learn more!
Senior Data Architect
Provide technical and strategic consulting on large scale Enterprise Data platform projects including leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and best practices. Design, develop and implement large scale Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Data Integration, Data Extraction and maintains end-to-end Business Intelligence and reporting solutions including data validation, enrichment, transformation and visualization. Provide technical leadership in the development and support of technological application infrastructure and related data warehouses.
- Work with the customer stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements.
- Design and implement database high availability and disaster recovery strategy in on-premise and cloud environments using clustering, Backup, Log Shipping, Mirroring, Always On and Replication.
- Architect and monitor the ETL process to ensure data delivery into a data warehouse using data pipelines and data ingestion techniques.
- Configure and maintain SQL Server database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure a high level of performance, availability, and security.
- Perform in depth performance tuning utilizing SQL Traces, PSSDIAG, Perfmon, Resource monitor, third party tools, and SQL Dynamic Management Views.
- Identify and communicate issues/risks applying technical and root cause analysis skills.
- Support and review production applications and databases to ensure the stability of applications and appropriate access to data in the production environment.
- Migrate external relational database systems (like Oracle and Sybase) to SQL Server.
- Upgrade SQL Server systems using SQL Server Upgrade Advisor and SQL Server Migration Assistant.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering plus 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in technical and/or technology development of large Enterprise SQL server based data projects using SSIS/SSRS/SSAS and ETL.
- Applicants with any suitable combination of education, training, or experience will be acceptable.